Brushless Alternator routine maintenance are carried out by electrical officer on board weekly .Brushless alternators are required to be maintained properly for its smooth functioning . Following checks are to be done –
- Change the alternator filter accordingly and clean dust inside if found .
- Check the condition of space heater installed there and look for loose connection if any.
- Check the tightness of diode installed in alternator for conversion of AC to DC.
- Take the clearance of air gap with the help of feeler gauge .
- Apply varnish to windings if required .